The Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation invites the submission of research projects and proposals requiring funding in the field of diabetes.
Types of application currently considered suitable (with a budget of up to £20,000) would be:
• Research Projects - clinical, of one year’s duration (though extensions may be considered);
• Investigators looking to achieve translational clinical pilot study data
• Exchange Fellowships (especially between the UK and the USA).
Applications must be received on or before Friday, 26 August 2011.
The charity’s Research Advisory Board meets in November. Applicants will be notified end of November/early December and, if successful, expected to take up the grants early in 2012.
Applications should be a maximum 4 sides A4, single line spaced with an 11 or 12 point, clearly readable, font. They should include (as appropriate):
• Applicant’s name, qualifications, present post and contact details;
• Name and address of the Institution(s) where the work will be carried out, Head of Department/ Institution and major participants in the project;
• Signed verification of funding application by Head of Department and department/institution authorities stating "I confirm that this application has been read and that, if granted, the work will be accommodated and administered in the department/institution";
• Outline of the proposed research comprising Title, Research question, Relevance to diabetes;
• Lay summary, Methodology, Expected outcome;
• Any additional information to support the application (references can be included);
• Amount requested, with a general breakdown of costs;
PLUS: Separate single sheet of A4: (Brief) Curriculum Vitae of main applicant
11 (eleven) hardcopies are required and an electronic copy should be sent as a single word document.
Applications or enquiries should be directed to:
Open Funding Programme,
Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation,
Office 101-102, Northney Marina,
Hants. PO11 0NH
Tel: 023 92 636135