This World Diabetes Day join the Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation in partnership with Diabetes Professional Care.
Join our unique online event for people living with diabetes to celebrate World Diabetes Day and discover the very latest diabetes information from the UK’s leading diabetes healthcare experts and share your personal experience of living with the condition with others.
Read the event announcement United Through Diabetes – Join DRWF and DPC this World Diabetes Day
The event will be held on World Diabetes Day - Saturday, 14th November from 9.30am to 5pm and you can take part from the comfort of your own home or workspace.
Our mission is to help give you the confidence, knowledge, and tools you need to take control of your own health and diabetes journey.
What will you learn?
- Top tips to help you manage your diabetes
- Find out what support is available from the NHS and charities
- Hear from other people living with diabetes around the UK
- Share your experiences with others in a safe space
- Learn about your diabetes and related conditions
Selected highlights from the United Through Diabetes Programme
A sample of what to expect on the day:
- Hope versus hype in diabetes research -What research means to people living with diabetes. A research and patient perspective.
- How to prepare for my video or telephone diabetes review – including questions to ask, notes to have ready
- An audience with Professor Partha Kar, National Specialty Advisor for Diabetes with NHS England and Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinology at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Food for thought! What diet is best for me? Navigating the carb confusion, including shake and soup replacement
View the programme online here
Register to attend United Through Diabetes here
Find out more about United Through Diabetes at DRWF Events
For more information about this year’s virtual Diabetes Professional Care conference for healthcare professionals supported by DRWF as registration sponsors from 11-13 November visit here
Support DRWF by making a donation here
Find out more about DRWF-funded research here
DRWF operations during the Covid-19 health crisis
The DRWF team is now working remotely. Covid-19 guidance, particularly where it aligns or impacts with diabetes guidance, is shared as quickly as possible through the DRWF website and social media channels with the aim of making it as easy to understand as possible and a reliable source of latest news.