Skip to main content
Donate

Every penny really does count.

DONATE

We fund the best and brightest diabetes researchers.

GET INVOLVED

EASD 2017 Blog – Day 4

About Diabetes

There are currently more than 3.8 million people with diabetes in the UK. It is estimated that around a further 500,000 adults have Type 2 and don't know it. Globally, diabetes affects more than 415 million people and it is estimated that this will grow to 640 million by 2040. For every 10 people with diabetes, 1 (10%) has Type 1 which is unpreventable. The remaining 9 (90%) people have Type 2 which in many cases can be prevented.

Recent News

  • Prepare for the festive season - with DRWF Christmas cards
    Prepare for the festive season - with DRWF Christmas cards

    19th September 2017

    Send Christmas cheer to friends and family this festive period with charity cards from DRWF.

  • EASD 2017 Blog – Day 4
    EASD 2017 Blog – Day 4

    18th September 2017

    Concluding diary report from DRWF Research Manager Dr Eleanor Kennedy at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes conference in Lisbon, Portugal last week.

  • EASD 2017 Blog – Day 3
    EASD 2017 Blog – Day 3

    15th September 2017

    DRWF Research Manager Dr Eleanor Kennedy reports from the European Association for the Study of Diabetes in Lisbon, Portugal.

Upcoming Events

Staying well until a cure is found

Staying well until a cure is found