We need you:
We are always keen to hear from people looking for volunteering opportuities. If you would like to be one of our Diabetes Volunteers to join our nationwide volunteering team you can commit to helping as little or often as you would like.
The aim of a Diabetes Volunteer:
You can help us by undertaking a range of different activities, across the country and play an integral part in supporting people living with diabetes.
Some of the activities our volunteers are involved in are:
- Fundraising for DRWF by organising an event in your local community, place of work or social group, such as a quiz, bike ride or maybe a dress down day.
- Introducing our free literature to your local GP surgery
- Helping with our online work, such as social media or being a moderator on our forum
- Arranging "a walk for diabetes"
- Volunteering at our Diabetes Wellness Events
- Promoting Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation in various ways, such as speaking to people about us, sharing information on social media, etc.
What’s in it for you?
Volunteering is a great way to enhance your life whether you are in work or retired. You will gain new skills by undertaking new tasks, you can also gain exposure to a variety of different environments.
It’s also great opportunity to meet likeminded people and establish long term friendships!
Please contact Steve at Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation for more information and to discuss how you can get involved by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 023 9263 7808.
Diabetes Professional Care & Novo Nordisk Volunteers
The charity was delighted to receive support from Novo Nordisk at the recent Diabetes Professional Care (DPC) event in London. Volunteers and staff took part in a static cycle challenge with real time statistics available on their performance.
Nitro Digital provide web development and support to DRWF, several Nitro staff volunteered at DPC in their DRWF research tee shirts signposting delegates to the DRWF stand and helping in the presentation rooms. Thank you to everyone who supported us. Do-It website